Term 4, Week 9: Investigations

If you were the Prime Minister of Australia, what is one law that you would like to change or introduce. Why?

Write your response (using full sentences) as a comment on this post. 

21 thoughts on “Term 4, Week 9: Investigations

1. meera2019

I would stop the rule of having to pay road tolls as you are already (as an adult) pay tax, thus road tolls would just be the tip of the iceberg full of problems to deal with.

2. Ellie

if i was a minister i would tell people that have motor bikes to not lane split because it could cause a accident or even death or permanent damage to car or the drive even the motor bike driver.we should have a motor bike lane !!!

3. Matilda

If I were Prime Minister I would create the law that it would be illegal to vandalize private and public property unless you have permission to vandalize it or you could face a heavy fine. If you vandalized a massive property or wall you could go to jail.

4. YIQING WANG

If I was a Prime Minister, I will change the law of if you had a license and you can get a gun, because than you can easily murder some one and just by say,” Oh my gosh! Sorry, I was trying to shoot a deer with the gune so I can get a nice meal but accidentily killed someone.” and you probabolly weren’t get that big trouble as if you just murder someone.

5. Lily

I would say that you can’t take photos of random people and post it on the internet or do anything with it without their permission.

6. Sean

If i could make a law I would say that betting ads are illegal from 6:00 AM-10:00 PM because, if a little kid saw these ads they may start to think that betting is cool and they may start to do bets at school or something. These ads are also annoying as they always pop up at the footy and they waste valuable playing time. The reason I was posting random comments was because I was testing if the words were allowed as when I tried to post gamb ling (without the space) it said ” yOu CaN nOt UsE tHiS wOrD.”

7. Parth Sapra

If was Prime Minister I would introduce the law that on Fridays school should end on 1:30 and not on 3:30 because students get really tired of school by the time it is Friday and they really get annoyed ,so just so students can relax a bit without having to go home at 3:30.Also because nearly everyone likes a early weekend.

8. jeremy

If i were a prime minster i would stop people from paying for doing something wrong on the road then you lose your licence. Because some day their could be a emergancy then you might be late. Then you would have to take bus or transport like trams.

9. Advay

If I was prime minister I would have that would make it so Were instantly arrested if you were drink-driving because if you weren’t super careful you would crash into someone and they might hurt themselves and anyone in the car with them or worse they might die.

10. Hitani

If I were the prime minister one rule I would introduce is that poor children will get free education and no taxes would be payed, but instead donations to institution and the reason I would do this is because everybody should have the right of experiencing education even if you can not afford to pay for it, so that it will help you for the future.

11. Hayoon

If i was the prime minister i would make a new law that we can have one day of the year called “kindness day” and everybody has to do at least one thing that is kind.
    I would like to have this law because i feel like everybody should be kind and do a nice thing for someone else to make other people happy and i also want to fill Australia with happiness and kindness.

12. Sunny Z

If I was Australia’s Prime Minister, the new law I would make is that childcare or preschool should be free. This is because if say and parent doesn’t have time to take care of their kid as they need to work and they don’t have enough money. They can still make sure their kid is healthy and happy without worryning and fussing over about this.

13. Sunny Z

If I wasy prime minister the new law that I would create would be childcare should be free for all children who don’t yet go to kindergarten. This is because if a parent is busy, needs to work, or doesn’t have enough money to afford a highly expensive babysitter. They can still ensure that their kids is safe, healthy and most likely to be in a happy mood. The ‘childcare’ can be held by volunteers in a local community centre.

14. Sunny

15. Sunny Zhang

Sorry for posting it 3 times. It was that it didn’t come up when I posted it the first 2 times even when I refreshed it!

16. max

if i was a prime minister i would say we can have 4 days of school because you will get to relays from all that work and you can spend more time with your family and the teachers need to relays to so they can spend more time with they family this is why we should have 4 day at school i rest my case

17. Ayden

If I was Prime Minister I would ban motorcycle riders from lane splitting because it is very dangerous for car drivers and bike riders for they might crash into one another.

18. Sachi

If i was prime minister of Australia i would make speeding tickets lower and have more
    why for speeding tickets:
    I would like to change the speeding tickets because if you accidently speed because of something important
    and you don’t have the money you can pay when you want or make it less.